About Us

The Davis Fire Department was started in 1929 by the Village of Davis.  In 1939, it was reorganized into the Davis Fire Protection District.  Today’s department is completely volunteer and serves a district with a population of 2,715.   The District is 28.8 square miles, bordered on the North by State Line Road, the West by Eggert Road, the South by Brick School Road, and on the East by Goeke Road.

       The Davis FPD is a member of the Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois Fire/Rescue Association, the Illinois Association of Fire Protection Districts, and MABAS 17.   They currently have an in-town ISO rating of 6 and a rural rating of 9.

       The purpose of the Department is to provide fire protection, emergency aid, accident extrication, severe storm watches, and assistance to the public in any situation consistent with our capabilities.  Please send any comments or concerns through our Contact Us page or to :

Davis FPD
602 N. Stanton St.
Davis, Il 61019